Tuesday 11 February 2014

Fantastic Find

Today I went to the Tower to try and find the routing for each of the Pull Wires leading from the Belfry.  I did make more headway with that task, but the find of the day was a tin box, some spanners, a hammer and a piece of steel.
A shelf full of Clutter

The shelf is very rarely seen as it is hidden by the Belfry door when it is open.  Today it was still light when I was up there and I just noticed the old tin box, these can be collectable if they have writing on them, would have helped for Tower Funds.

Fasteners and Washers
The find was worth more than an old tin box for the Seage's Silent Ringing Apparatus project.  Some weeks ago I located most of the Stay Socket Brackets in the Clock Room, one was missing which I thought was odd; why save seven in one place but not a complete set?  None of the fasteners used to fix the brackets were found at that time.  Bingo; today the lost bracket and fasteners are here.  The remaining bracket was resting on the tin box, see top picture.

Missing Bracket on left

Fasteners, Washers and The Bracket

No comments:

Post a Comment